This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and undertake the relevant Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Something Crafty Ltd
Job Title: Social Media and Marketing Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Social Media Level 3
Hours of Work: 30 Hours Per Week
Days and Times of Work: Monday - Friday , 7 Hours per day with flexible start and end times
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices (£3.90 per hour)
Contract Duration:12 Months Minimum
Company Overview: We have a very exciting opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic person to work closely with our Marketing Director, at one of the UK’s best loved online craft retailers based in Monmouth!
Something Crafty Ltd have been selling beads, charms and other crafts supplies via our www.charming-beads.co.uk website all over the world since 2010. In that time, we have taken on several young employees, who have all flourished and developed careers with us.
We believe that the right personality, can-do attitude, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are the most important traits when starting out in a new role, and that experience can be gained along the way.
This is a real opportunity for the right person to grow with our company and through experience, skills and knowledge gained over the course of an apprenticeship, there would be a wonderful career path available into Marketing and perhaps other parts of the business.
If you have a keen interest in Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, then this may be just the role for you!
- Work alongside the Marketing Director to gain an understanding of all the social media channels that we currently have, along with some potential new ones;
- Increase our following on Facebook by interacting with pages and posts of potential customers;
- Increase our following on Instagram by following accounts and liking and commenting on posts of potential customers;
- Creating new boards and adding content on Pinterest, including managing the links to our products on our website;
- Increase our following on Twitter by interacting with potential customers as well as possibly taking part in “Twitter Hour”;
- Work with the Marketing Director to ensure our Google My Business and Google + accounts are up to date;
- Work with the Marketing Director to create and manage media posts for all of our platforms;
- Take photographs of products in order to use as content for our platforms;
- Work with the Marketing Director to create monthly email newsletters;
- Collate data from all of our Social Media platforms to help create monthly management reports;
- Assist the Marketing Director in keeping our Blog up to date;
- Aid the Marketing Director in managing our Brand Ambassadors;
- Other ad-hoc business administration duties as and when required, including working with our General Manager and our Managing Director.
- Future potential to write blog posts and create social media content.
- **Applicants must be aged 16 - 19 to be considered for this position**
- A keen interest and reasonable understanding of social media, with experience of using Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Pinterest and others would be an advantage;
- A basic knowledge of IT and applications such as Outlook and Messenger. Excel would be an advantage;
- GCSE A-C in English would be a distinct advantage;
- GCSE A-C in Maths would be appreciated;
- Any IT qualifications would also be advantageous.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 4th October 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed