This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Sweet Pea Daycare
Job Title: Nursery Nurse Assistant Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Children's Care, Play, Learning and Development Level 2 or 3 (dependant on existing qualifications)
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday - Friday
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - Currently £4.15 per hour
Company Overview: We are looking for someone who shares our passion for providing quality childcare. Our professional and dedicated staff team provide a stimulating, cosy and caring environment which promotes all aspects of children’s development. We use high quality equipment and work in innovative environments to provide the very best in childcare. You will be working alongside qualified members of staff in a lively and friendly setting full time. You must have a basic understanding of child development and have good grammatical and basic Numeracy skills.You will be friendly, hardworking and have a positive can-do attitude and be willing to take on the necessary duties involved to support your apprenticeship.
- Support organising activities which develop children physically, intellectually, socially and emotionally;
- Encouraging children to care for toys and equipment and to keep themselves and their environment clean, orderly condition (i.e. children should help take out and put away toys and equipment after use and to help clear up after messy activities;
- Supervising children when putting on and taking off outdoor clothing, shoes, aprons, etc and generally supervising the dressing of very small children;
- Assist at meals;
- Ensuring that standards of hygiene are maintained e.g. hand washing and drying after using the toilet facilities and before eating, wiping down of surfaces with suitable cleanser, cleaning up of spillages;
- Supervising the children in all nursery activities and at play, particularly when they are in need of adult care e.g. when using scissors, glue, tools etc;
- Sitting with children in the book corner, reading to small groups of children, sitting with children during an activity and talking to them at all times to enrich their language and to encourage language development;
- To help supervise children most carefully when they are taken out of the nursery premises (on visits, nature walks etc.);
- Making themselves fully aware of, and complying with, key nursery policies, procedures and risk assessments;
- Encouraging children in their self confidence and self esteem and helping them in developing right from wrong;
- Managing children's behaviour in accordance with the nursery policy and in such a way as to promote their welfare and development;
- Actively prompting equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice for all children;
- Reporting any concerns regarding children at risk to the nursery child protection officer and acting in accordance with the guidelines of the nurseries child protection policy;
- Providing information to parents as appropriate on a day by day basis, concerning their child's activities, development and behaviour;
- Maintaining privacy and confidentiality about all matters relating to families and children.
- GCSE in Maths;
- GCSE in English;
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit staff team;
- Ability to develop good relationships and communicate effectively with parents;
- Ability to take initiative and make appropriate decisions;
- Ability to assist with keeping appropriate records;
- Good time keeping and attendance.
- Previous experience working in a Nursery environment;
- GCSE Child Development.
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 19th November 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.