This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and undertake the relevant Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Ty Hafan
Job Title: ICT Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: IT User Skills Level 3
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm with a 30 minute lunch break
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices (£3.90 per hour)
Contract Duration: 14 months
Company Overview: This is a unique dual-role - Digital Media and Helpdesk Engineer apprenticeship. The Apprentice will be part of a small ICT team who deal with all aspects of information and computer technology. You will work with the ICT Helpdesk Manager and Digital Media Manager to support clients, users and websites directly. You will gain experience in all aspects of IT. You will be exposed to hardware, networking, software maintenance and user administration skill-sets. You will also gain experience in Web design, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation. Along with developing design skills, you will learn from the Adobe web suite using programmes such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
- Setting up new users, providing access and training, and discontinuing users within the network and Content Management System;
- Maintaining inventory of all ICT assets under the supervision of the Helpdesk Manager;
- Ensuring that individual jobs are prioritised correctly and that all tasks are completed in a timely manner;
- Supporting the Digital Development Manager with updating the current web pages and graphics;
- Ensuring the schedule and publication of Social Media Advertising such as Facebook adverts is adhered to;
- Updating Meta descriptions and SEO descriptions found on tyhafan.org website CMS;
- Adhering to the Brand and Language Guidelines in all design and visible circumstances;
- To liaise and confidently communicate across a diverse group of individuals, ranging from 3rdparty providers/suppliers/maintainers to staff/volunteers;
- Installing, maintaining and provisioning a wide range of hardware/software;
- Under supervision, to assess and allocate resources to individuals’ dependencies including file sharing, drive mapping and creation;
- Any other duties appropriate with the band and level of responsibility of this role for which the job holder has the necessary experience and/or training to complete.
- 5 x GCSE's grades A to C (including Maths, English & Computing/IT);
- Professional, Caring and Collaborative nature;
- A desire and ability to learn quickly;
- Enthusiastic and motivated;
- Experience of being an effective team member;
- Basic understanding of hardware input/output, e.g. cabling coordination, RAM, CPU, GPU and peripherals (monitors, keyboards, mouse, microphones);
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to learn and/or acquire on the job expertise;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Excellent team working skills;
- Genuine interest in ICT and Multimedia.
To be considered for this position, please click on the link below and apply via the Careers Wales website: -
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday 16th July
Please note that applications received within two weeks of the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
If you would like to speak to someone about this vacancy, please contact Hayley Roberts on 02920 464727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.