This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy.
You will be employed by ’War World ‘and undertake an Apprenticeship Programme, receiving support and guidance from an experienced Assessor to help you achieve Customer Service
Job Title: Customer Service Apprentice
Hours of Work: Minimum 32
Days and Times of Work: Monday to Friday with some weekend work from Home
Salary: National Minimum Apprentice Wage
WWScenics strives to offer its customers the best service, selection and quality of product.
The company grew from a love of Railway Modelling in the heart of South Wales, UK. Eight years on and WWScenics has become a household name in the hobby.
Founders Martyn Rees and Mark Jutsum have since achieved numerous awards, one of which is for producing Pro Grass Micro, the No. 1 Selling Static Grass Applicator.
We are a growing multi-brand e-commerce company based in Skewen, Neath and we're currently looking to recruit an Ecommerce assistant to join our dynamic team .The role is varied and will include:
- Assist and support the Sales Team in E-Commerce administration tasks.
- Maintain, optimise and check product listings on online selling channels (Amazon, eBay and others)
- List new products on independent e-commerce platforms (Etsy, CDiscount)
- Monitor key performance metrics of the channels and report issues
- Sales analysis
- Handle customer enquires
- Report on issues and performance to relevant department to help improve customer experience
Essential Requirements: Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- ability ot work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to recognise problems and use initiative to propose solutions and improvements
- Knowledge of E- Commerce Platforms
- Focused with the ability to self -motivate
- Ability to communicate in any of the following languages -Germans , Spanish,Italian,French or Dutch
Closing Date for Applications: 20th June 2022
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.