This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: DS Smith
Job Title: Apprentice Customer Service Co-Ordinator
Apprenticeship Programme: Customer Service Level 2
Hours of Work: 37.5
Days and Times of Work: Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm
DS Smith is a leading provider of sustainable fibre-based packaging worldwide, which is supported by recycling and papermaking operations. We play a central role in the value chain across sectors including e-commerce, fast moving consumer goods and industrials.
Through our purpose of ‘Redefining Packaging for a Changing World’ and our Now and Next sustainability strategy, we are committed to leading the transition to the circular economy, while delivering more circular solutions for our customers and wider society – replacing problem plastics, taking carbon out of supply chains and providing innovative recycling solutions. Our bespoke box-to-box in 14 days model, design capabilities and innovation strategy sits at the heart of this response.
Headquartered in London and a member of the FTSE 100, DS Smith operates in 34 countries employing around 30,000 people and we are a Strategic Partner of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation. Our history can be traced back to the box-making businesses started in the 1940s by the Smith family.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Packaging Manufacturing site in Crumlin, Wales and we are currently seeking a highly motivated and ambitious individual who would enjoy working in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment, as an Apprentice Customer Service Co-Ordinator.
During this 13 month Apprenticeship programme, in addition to attending learning sessions part time, you will gain hands on experience by assisting the Customer Service Team in many areas including handling day-to-day customer enquiries and liaising with other departments/suppliers to meet customer requirements.
A competitive Apprenticeship starting salary is offered, with an incremental increase as you progress through your training. You will also receive the support of course tutors, workplace coaches and mentors to help you along the way and enable you to develop your skills and potential.
- To be accountable for own health and safety whilst at work, operating in line with company procedures to enable a safe working environment.
- Process new and repeat customer orders within defined lead dates and agreed customer service level agreements.
- Analyse customer forecasts and forward plan stock replenishment orders to meet pending demand.
- Acknowledge customer complaints and report dissatisfaction/failures in line with procedures.
- Build strong relations with customers, gaining insight to their business.
- Work with the team and other colleagues within the company to improve both team and cross-departmental relations, flexibility and efficiency.
- Ensure all documentation and records (such as price lists, customer records and account notes) relating to each customer account are accurate and reflective of current working practices.
- GCSE C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to demonstrate our Corporate Values: Caring, Challenging, Trusted, Responsive and Tenacious
- A practical aptitude demonstrated via study or work experience after leaving school.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be hardworking, pro-active and self-motivated.
- Positive attitude to learning new skills and committed to a 13 month learning programme
- Enjoys being part of a team dynamic
Please apply using the link below
Closing Date for Applications: 30th September 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: W/C TBC
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.