This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Camilleri Construction Limited
Job Title: Administration Assistant Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 2
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - Currently £4.15 per hour
Company Overview: Welcome to Camilleri Construction! Established in 1985.
Camilleri Construction Ltd is a full service building and maintenance contractor to commercial and domestic properties with the ability and skills to work in a large variety of sectors, delivered by a team with passion for service and who really care. The main sectors it focuses on are the repair, refurbishment and renovation of a variety of buildings, from a small terraced property to commercial properties of all sizes. It has also gained experience in the renovation of listed being, in conjunction with CADW. Clients include several blue chips, including FTSE100 listed, with whom it has built a strong reputation to take on even the most complex of projects and deliver them on time and on budget. One of its core strengths throughout the team is the ability to be able to empathise with homeowners, who have had the lives disrupted through unforeseen damage to their property as a result of fire, flood or storm, and often the company are seen as the fourth emergency service in these circumstances. Camilleri Construction’s in house claims team liaise directly with all parties involved in the claim process, making the process as smooth and stress free as possible for all concerned.
The motivation was simple namely to establish and grow a high end Welsh building services provider with year on year growth, delivering building repairs through a team of highly skilled and qualified professionals, within specific market sectors demanding these higher levels of service such as Insurance, Social Housing, Business and Private Clients. In addition to this, the founders wanted to bring together professionals who were passionate about developing higher levels of service through their own personal development, something the company have invested heavily in and demonstrated by its recent success in achieving International standards 9001, 14001, 45001 and 27001 and Chartered Building status.
- Provide general clerical/admin support, e.g. photocopying, filing, complete standard forms, respond to routine correspondence;
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems;
- Produce lists/information/data as required, e.g. job status data;
- Undertake typing and word-processing and other IT based tasks;
- Undertake ICT tasks within the companies approved IT systems, e.g. Blue Print and MyCompliance , as directed (specific training in-house);
- Take notes at meetings and prepare minutes;
- Sort and distribute mail;
- Undertake administrative procedures;
- Undertake reception duties and hospitality, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors.
- Ability to use IT skills effectively;
- GCSE A-C in English and Maths;
- Excellent verbal communication;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work as a team member;
- Ability to relate to people who have potentially experienced stressful situations;
- Excellent phone manner;
- Ability to work within Company policies and procedures;
- Willingness to participate in training and development;
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all;
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Company;
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals;
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 26th November 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.